So it’s the end of another funky, flashy, media soaked year and everyone is coming out with their top 100 whatever lists. In that same spirit, and because I noticed that blogs love lists, I decided to make my own top whatever list. Only, I couldn’t decide what whatever to list…so here is my top three list (not much of a list, I know) of lists I would make if I didn’t hate lists. Still with me? They are in descending order a la David Letterman.
3. 2013 buzz-worthy things according to me, and some other number crunching, algorithm-running type folks:
- Miley Cyrus Train wreck or marketing genius?
- Twerking Now in the dictionary! (see above)
- Typhoon Haiyan Amidst thousands of user generated posts asking for prayer and spreading encouragement, Facebook put a link at the top of its newsfeed for three days so people could easily donate, and be prompted to. Bravo.
2. Top social media sites and/or apps I still haven’t joined, despite how helpful they would be to this blog:
- Instagram I’m self-conscious about invading teen-world and not having 400 followers my
- GetGlue Really? TV news? News about TV?
- Tumblr Scared of teens as stated, plus Pintrest is better- that’s right I said it!
- Google+ What even is Google+?
- Foursquare Super cool concept, but too stalker friendly.
- The new Myspace Ha, ha, ha, hee, hee, hee.
1. Top tech guilty pleasures:
- Huffington Post– because it is kind of like those for dummies books. A little rehashed, copied and pasted post suits my often-lazy mind just fine.
- Pintrest Yes, I said I didn’t like it, that it is for old ladies, blah, blah, blah. But guess what? I am totally hooked. I actually do the workouts and make the recipes. Ok, I have done one workout twice and have bought some ingredients for a recipe, but still. It is like browsing through all the magazines at Barnes and Nobles and not buying them, but you get to rip out the pages.
- Facebook stalking– my guiltiest and saddest confession. I took a five day fb hiatus and experienced some mild twitchiness and irritability. Why? Not because I just had to tell people what was for dinner, I had developed a compulsion for checking on certain friends and was hooked on the incomplete and carefully constructed knowledge of their daily lives. Still doing it, but at least now I am aware I have a problem.
Happy holidays dozen of readers! Thanks for your loyalty!
- Not That Pintrested (technojoyblog.wordpress.com)
- Is Social Media Advertising the Future? (butlermichael.wordpress.com)
- 4 Social Media Predictions For 2014: The Future Of Content Marketing (business2community.com)
- Pin It To Win It – 3 Ways Brands Are Using Pinterest To Generate Interest (sociallyimpressed.wordpress.com)
- How well do you know social media? (nthannum.wordpress.com)
- Tire Kicker Nation Hooked on Pintrest (airstreamjets.wordpress.com)